The 3 Day Event At Archer
August 25 - 27, 2017
3967 Archer Parkway Cheyenne WY 82009
The Event at Archer is a recognized horse trial under United States Eventing Association (USEA) in Area IX.
Opening Date: July 11 Closing Date: August 8
Organizer: The Event at Archer Committee
- Manager: Allison Murphy –
- Entry Secretary: Heather Petersen, 22750 County Road 37, Elbert CO 80106
- Communication via email is preferred: email@example.com Phone(303)648-3164
- Volunteer Coordinator: Carol Jones / Emma Stone
- We are using the new Volunteer Incentive Program app from USEA
- President of the Ground Jury: Frances O’Reilly –WA
- Dressage Judge - Sheila Strickler - AZ
- Technical Delegate: Andy Bowles – TX
- Cross Country Course Designer: James Atkinson – CA
- Stadium Course Designer: Adrienne Smyrl - UT
- Event Management: The Event At Archer Committee
Divisions: Intro, Beginner Novice, Novice, Training
Draw Checks to: Windy Wyoming MSEA, INC.
Entry Fees: Intro: $200 BN, N, T: $220.00 All applicable USEF/USEA fees. Entrant must provide USEF and/or USEA member and horse registration numbers. All mandatory signature lines must be signed with original signatures.
All entries include a competitor party dinner ticket.
Entries: The entry fee includes the $25.00 non-refundable office fee. Double Entries: Accepted. No more than 2 rides permitted.
All Intro Competitors are exempt from USEA Membership and the USEA Starter/D&M Fees do not apply. BN Competitors must be USEA members or pay a $25.00 non-member fee.
USEA Starter and D&M fees ($21) are not subject to office fees, and shall be returned within 30 days of the competition to any rider who does not start the dressage test.
Late entries after closing will be accepted if under-subscribed with a $25.00 late fee.
All Scratches and Changes must be in writing via email. Refunds: Before Closing Date – Less $25 non-refundable office fee; After Closing Date no refund unless your spot can be filled from a waiting list. Please notify sec’y by email or phone. Competition cancellation – no refund.
Horse Health Requirements
- Proof of negative coggins within 12 months
- Health Certificate required for OUT OF STATE horses only.
Tentative Schedule ** UPDATED 08/16/2017 DUE TO Large Number of Entries ***:
- Jump Schooling Rounds 10am - 3pm
- Note: All schooling rounds will be completed by 3pm MT
- Team Roping entertainment in the arenas after 3pm
- Dressage Arenas available for open schooling
- Cross Country Course Opens 3pm
- Jump Schooling Rounds 10am - 3pm
- Friday: 8am Dressage - Beginning with Training and Novice
- Saturday: 9am XC All Divisions beginning with Novice, Training, Beg Novice and Intro
- Sunday: 8am - Show Jumping - Reverse order of standing - Training to Intro
- Ribbons to 10th place per division. Prizes for 1st – 3rd place.
- Thoroughbred Incentive Program Awards
- Revisionist Equestrian Cup
- Awards to follow show jumping - please remain mounted
Starting Times: sent and posted at least one week prior to competition. We will als0 have them here on our website !
Stabling: Stalls are being assigned based on Date of Entry and preference for stabling near. Please note that not all stalls will be covered. 1 Bag of Bedding Provided.
Veterinarian: On site during competition only. Phone number will be posted in show office.
Farrier: During Competition hours on grounds, otherwise on call.
Best Western Plus Frontier Inn
8101 Hutchins Dr. Cheyenne, WY 82007
12500 I-80 Cheyenne, WY 82009
RV Hookups Available $25.00 per night - assigned based upon order in which your entry is received.
Camping: Camping in your trailer and/or tent is permitted on site. Please make sure to stake down your tents, tarps or other items that could blow away.
Directions: From Denver/or Casper take I-25 to I-80 interchange head East to Nebraska Exit 370 Archer Parkway Turn SOUTH on Archer Parkway head straight south around the round-about to Fairgrounds on your left parking/stabling/arenas on the left past trees.
- T- 2014 USEF Training Test A-Small
- N-2014 USEF Novice Test A-Small
- BN: 2014 USEF BN Test A-Small
- Intro: 2014 USEF BN Test A-Small
- Arenas: Sand
- T: 2600m @ 450mpm
- N: 2200m @ 400mpm
- BN:2000m @ 350mpm 14-16 jumps height 2’7:
- Intro: 1800m@300mpm 14-16 jumps max height 2’4”
- Terrain: Rolling hills
- All courses: Built to standard at each level, not an easy move up course, water on course for all divisions. Nice hack to Cross Country Start box from Stabling. Bring your Pinny Holder.
Other Information: Cross country course closed: AUGUST 12 No one may ride any horse, walk or otherwise view the cross country course. Levels may be divided/combined if entries warranty; state preferences under Eligible Section and Birth date on Entry. If experience level not completed, higher will be assumed.
Concessions on grounds. Nice hack to Cross Country.
Dogs must be leashed; $50 fine will be assessed to owners of unleashed or troublesome dogs.
Water tanks at Cross Country please fill your buckets and don’t let horses drink from the water tanks.
USEA Medical Armband or Wristband must be worn, limited supply on grounds.
Bring your Pinny Holder we will have paper competitor numbers for XC limited amount onsite.